Progress Made this Week

This past weekend, we had Easter Break! MaKayla and I had the opportunity to work on our project. MaKayla came over to my house and the first thing we did was brainstorm ideas.  We felt it was too hard to try so many new ingredients in one recipe. We weren’t sure how they would come out or effect the cake, so we used a chocolate cake recipe and used a few different ingredients. We decided to substitute peppermint extract instead of vanilla extract. To spice things up, we used cream cheese frosting, instead of chocolate. We added about half a teaspoon of peppermint extract to intensify the taste. On top of the frosting, we put crushed candy cane pieces. On our first try, the cake came out great! With a few hints of peppermint, we made a new and refreshing taste! MaKayla took home the rest of the cake and her family loved it! Our experiment turned out very sucessful!

Image from http://ladywiththeredrocker.com/2012/02/13/two-ingredient-cake/
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s